Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My New Obsession

I've been listening to a lot of German Pop music lately. It's a way of working on my vocabulary while I work out. Two bands in particular are somewhat similar: Juli and "Wir Sind Helden". Yesterday I couldn't stop listening to "Ein Elefant fuer Dich" by Wir Sind Helden and today I can't stop listening to "Die Zeit heilt alle Wunder".
also by Wir Sind Helden. The lyrics are particularly fun to decipher as a non-native speaker as naturally when I first heard the song I thought she was singing "Time heals all wounds" when in fact what she is saying is "Time heals all miracles." I didn't even realize this until I tried to google the title and google corrected me: "Do you mean zeit heilt alle wunder?" Fun stuff. Reminds me of Wordsworth's Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood.

No comments: